Hardy Creek is a mile of so from Union Landing. The mill at Hardy Creek (which was around the point from Juan Creek) was part of the Cottoneva Lumber Co. at Rockport. The mill had a wharf and a railroad. The town had a large hotel. The mill was operated by E.T.Dusenbury, one of the owners of the Cottoneva Lumber Co. The mill was destroyed by fire and was never rebuilt.
The area was named after R. A. Hardy, who was responsible for a wharf and chute there in 1892. The wharf was 590 feet long with a wire chute at its end. The building on the beach, front left, is Carl Colberg’s Saloon.